Chicken Accessories

RoosterRehab97

Songster
10 Years
Feb 13, 2009
Prince William County, VA
Last night, my aunt received a custom made wooden dog bed for her Miniature Aussie. It has the dogs name engraved on it, and was beautiful. 'Paisley, the most wonderful red merle princess puppykins ever to grace the earth' loved it. As I said, this dog bed is a work of art. It got me thinking, 'Dogs have thousands of accessories and product. Whole shops are devoted to things for your dogs enjoyment, Boutiques have exclusively canine clientele. Why can't chickens have these things? Why can't chickens have custom sweaters, and chicken beds to put in the coops? Why can't chickens have custom harnesses so they can go and take a walk with their owner? Why? I have started on a quest to find these things, and if BYC'ers can help me out, I'd be much obliged.

There are:

Chicken saddles - to protect hens' backs from overzealous roosters
Chicken diapers - to bring your chicken in the house without it pooing everywhere
Chicken booties - to keep their feet clean after a bath (usually only used temporarily when you're prepping for a show)

I wouldn't buy my chickens a fancy bed because they'd poop in it
sickbyc.gif

I thought about the same thing one time..... I chalked it up to be that there are more dog owners than chicken owners, so there would be more dog toys than chicken toys. Guess we will have to rely on ourselves to make toys and other accessories for chickens. They like it if you get out a prism and make rainbows for them to chase.

Back
Top Bottom