Chicken attacked and missing skin

Hello all, I am sad to tell you she has passed away as she of last night. My journey with her was short but not short in love and connection. I am glad she is not longer suffering and can exist in another form perhaps, but is no longer in this form. I appreciate all of your help and concern and I wish you the best with your feathered friends. I hope this article can help others in frantic need of information regarding a similar situation and can perhaps heal, or end the suffering of their beloved companion. Thank you all individually for helping me, genuinely. Every response submitted from each person meant so much and the devotion from you all is so beautiful. Thank you for your consistency and compassion ChicNmom & that_crazy_lady. I wish I could’ve ended her suffering sooner but I couldn’t bring myself to end it with my own hands, I have too much optimism (even if blind.) Lessons were learned and I have a responsibility to myself and my other chickens to help, heal and understand their needs and what should be done in accordance to them. I wish you all love and happiness❤️
Also, thank you lots to Eggcessive and benevolent_leona. (Sorry it didn’t add in)

I'm sorry she didn't make it. It's hard for me to put down a chicken. Both of the times I was personally prepared to do it the chicken rallied and pulled through. So it's a tough call for me. I have also in retrospect apologized to all the chickens I made mistakes with knowing I did the best I could at the time.

That's really all anyone can do.

I'm sorry she didn't make it. It's hard for me to put down a chicken. Both of the times I was personally prepared to do it the chicken rallied and pulled through. So it's a tough call for me. I have also in retrospect apologized to all the chickens I made mistakes with knowing I did the best I could at the time.

That's really all anyone can do.
You’re right, thank you for your understanding and compassion, It’s been greatly appreciated. I buried her yesterday in a very nice area next to my Rosemary bush. Both death and life live in unison and I’ve come to terms with this loss, I wish her well on her journey as I do you on yours. Good luck out there :)

-P

Back
Top Bottom