Chicken auction east of Durant, OK first and third tues o each month &

chicksnducks

Songster
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
Durant OK
So DH and I just got home from our date nite and guess where we went?
A chicken auction....so many chickens! I just was amazed...there were little chicks, pullets, big chicks, roosters, bantys, turkeys, guineas ...all different kinds of chickens, not to mention a donkey, two pigs and goats...one actually gave birth in the back of the pickup! It was way cool.....I got a moma chicken with two little babies....DH 's gift!
big_smile.png

well if you want chickens ....this is the place to get some...also eggs....ready for incubator....
very interesting nite out too! I can't wait to go back...I don't think DH is as excited!!!

Hummm!!! Very interesting. DH might just kill me if I suggest going. Sounds like lots of fun though.
wee.gif

PS. Would love to see pics of your new momma and Chicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
got in late last nite so I will post pics later...she is in the garage now but i am planning on putting her in the coop with the rest of the gang....
hmm.png

here's my new momma and her two babies...
672007007.jpg

672007003.jpg

here's a close up of her baby
672007005.jpg

She is a real good mommy... very protective...I am not sure what she is but she has hairy feet.....
anyone have any ideas of what she may be?

Where is the auction ? I am about 2 hours from Durant.....I might could make that trip. I think my DH would probably stay home for that one though!

Great pics!

It is called John Teele (not sure of the spelling)...It is East of 75/69 on 70....just east of Potter Sausage on the north side of the road. I am hoping to go next time...very interesting and there were lots of chickens, ducks, turkeys, rabbits...and eggs....

Back
Top Bottom