Chicken Auction in MS

Chickenbreederboy

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 9, 2008
Picayune, MS
For anyone who is interested in this area, there is a chicken auction the first saturday of every month around 25 minutes from Picayune.. I've got all my adult chickens there and sold some that i bought there in the first place. They sell all kinds of poultry as well as goats, sheep, horses and calves.

Quote:
Hi there,

Sounds interesting. Where is this auction located? Are most of the chickens mixed or pure breeds? Generally, is there a good assortment available? I wouldn't mind having some Partridge Rocks and perhaps a few Ameraucanas. With the cost of gasoline, I wouldn't want to hot-foot it down to Picayune for nothing.

The only auction we have here is for livestock. Years ago, I had goats. No more . . . they stink like the dickens.
big_smile.png

I lived in St. Tammany Parish before moving to MS. I haven't been to Picayune in years, although I used to go to Pearlington to have my hair done. Sadly, after Katrina, I lost contact with my hairdresser.

Nice talking with you!

Evelyn

Well, you find both.. You find a lot of mixed breeds, but you can find some pure breeds if you know your stuff and what you're looking for.. They don't have labels or anything on the breeds.. They just sell them as hens or roosters, bannies or big chickens.. Have plenty more than just chickens though

Back
Top Bottom