chicken boycotting laying and others not laying yet

theroad2home

Hatching
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
My wife and I are new to the chicken thing. We started in March of this past year with 4 and now are up to 17 chickens and 3 ducks!
We have a EE that has been laying for about 2 months now and also a White Orphington that was laying. We had to move some chickens around to make room and she stopped laying. That was also 2 months ago. She is acting fine, not loosing any feathers or sitting on any eggs. Will she ever start laying again !!!
Also we have 2 brown leghorns and 2 RIR that were hatched in early May and no eggs yet! We live in NH and it is starting to get dark around 5:30 6:00 pm.
I am staring to think that we broke our girls!
wink.png

any info would be great as we are still learning

The change might have thrown off the layers, they will probably come back to laying soon.

The young RIRs are probably about 3-8 weeks from laying, mine usually start between 23-28 weeks. I have one from this spring that is a RIR mutt that's not laying yet at week 30. I'm not sure when leghorns come into lay.

My 1st year RIRs and sex-links generally lay through the winter, just at a slower rate. 2nd and 2+ years stop for molt.

Back
Top Bottom