Chicken Breathing Issue

It looks like her right chest and neck (and around her beak) are moving outward with each breath. Could she have been bumped or hurt, and ruptured an airsac? Has she been having any symptoms of a respiratory infection lately—sneeze, cough, wheeze, or watery bubbly eye? I here some stridor or wheezing on the video. Have you got a vet locally that you could see in case she has an infection or respiratory disease? Is the coop dry and is the air fresh?

It looks like her right chest and neck (and around her beak) are moving outward with each breath. Could she have been bumped or hurt, and ruptured an airsac? Has she been having any symptoms of a respiratory infection lately—sneeze, cough, wheeze, or watery bubbly eye? I here some stridor or wheezing on the video. Have you got a vet locally that you could see in case she has an infection or respiratory disease? Is the coop dry and is the air fresh?
correct it moves up and down as she breaths in both spots. Ruptured air sac is an interesting idea but idk if it would move like this if that was the issue.
She has had no symptoms of anything and there is no vet I can take her to here. The coop is dry and fresh. I was actually cleaning today when I saw her standing fluffed which got my attention.

Are the 2 doors open all night? Doors aren't ventilation if they are closed.
Are the 12 vents 2" in diameter or 2' in diameter?
One door is partially open at night the other is closed. The vents are 3” in diameter each. The coop and chickens are 3y old and I have never had ventilation or respiratory issues so I do not believe it’s a ventilation issue. When I clean it yesterday there was no moisture just dry bedding and dry poop.
I should have noted I am in Indiana and our weather has been all over the place the past couple months.

Back
Top Bottom