Chicken Breed Focus - Ameraucana

Does anyone know how we might be able to contact him to find out what he might have for sale? :/

I don't remember which breeders list he's under, but he is under one of the breeders list on either Ameraucana.org, or AmeraucanaAlliance.org.

Just do ctrl+f and type Paul. One of them will have him.

Here is a photo of my two "Ameraucanas. At least that is what my sister was told they were when she bought them. The one in the lower portion of the photo has a big beard, lays pink/grey eggs and has a crossed beak. It takes a little bit of work to keep her well fed but she is docile and a terrific layer and while she looks a bit strange, she is well worth the trouble. The top hen has no beard, lays pink eggs and also has the best of temperaments. She is a terrific layer too. Both have deep blue legs, btw. Because both are so sweet, I hunted down what I hope are three chicks who will have sweet temperaments to add to their flock. Two of the chicks are Cream Legbar / Ameraucana hybrids pictured below at 2.5 weeks.

Here is a photo of my two "Ameraucanas. At least that is what my sister was told they were when she bought them. The one in the lower portion of the photo has a big beard, lays pink/grey eggs and has a crossed beak. It takes a little bit of work to keep her well fed but she is docile and a terrific layer and while she looks a bit strange, she is well worth the trouble. The top hen has no beard, lays pink eggs and also has the best of temperaments. She is a terrific layer too. Both have deep blue legs, btw. Because both are so sweet, I hunted down what I hope are three chicks who will have sweet temperaments to add to their flock. Two of the chicks are Cream Legbar / Ameraucana hybrids pictured below at 2.5 weeks.

The girls are pretty colors, but not ameraucanas. You can see all the accepted and some of the project colors here: http://ameraucana.org/

There is a link to the photo gallery of the chicks and adult birds of each accepted variety of ameraucana. There is also a link of the history and breed standard.

That is a very helpful link and thank you. I knew that mine were hybrids. Looking at the photos, the only similarity is the beard that one of my grown hens has and the blue legs.

Because both are so sweet, I hunted down what I hope are three chicks who will have sweet temperaments to add to their flock. Two of the chicks are Cream Legbar / Ameraucana hybrids pictured below at 2.5 weeks.

Hmm...I'm curious to know if this chick will end up being a little cockerel...there's a white spot on "his" head that in a purebred Legbar would mean that he's a he. I wonder if the same will hold true for your Legbar X Am cross? It would be cool if you could update us when "he" matures! Pretty chickens, btw!!!

Back
Top Bottom