Chicken Breed Focus - Ayam Cemani

Pics
Quote: You'd get way better value for money with hatching eggs, less hassle too.

Hmm, I suppose I should hop over to Holland for a visit some time?
wink.png
I actually lived there in '99-2000 for a my "gap year". I stayed about 20km from Amsterdam. At the moment my starter breeds list is up to 3 already, but I will keep the Cemani in mind for future.

Hi Again,

I am from The Netherlands - Europe

We can't easy ship birds over to USA or CAD. That cost alot of money, more then i will have in 2 months work.

That's why we are able to receive and sending hatching eggs.also  with rules of course.

But sometimes it is possible to fly over hatching eggs by person ;-)

This year there will be a breeder coming up in the USA, that will receive hatching eggs from my birds.

Just out of curiosity, what's the legality of this? If you pick them up in person and fly them back to your country do you have to do a lot of paperwork because you're importing them and plan to hatch them? I might be in Europe this summer and if it's actually legal to just pick eggs up and take them back with me I'd do it in a heartbeat to get some nice new genetics for my flock. I have a feeling it isn't that simple, though :(

That would be awesome if you could some how make that work! There are only four breeders here in the u.s that ship this breed, and there is none that actually have blood ties to Europes excellent Ayam Cemanis. I think I'm going to do a little research real quick to help you out. Be right back.

slide right
trans trans

Topics

Introduction
Imports
Intra-Union trade

Under the terms of the Treaty establishing the European Community, there is a clear difference between the definitions for trade and importation. In relation to live animals,
intra-community trade or " trade" refers solely to the movement of animals between EU Member States

Importation or "imports" refers solely to the introduction of animals into the Member States from third Countries outside the European Union
Publications
Revised EU rules for the control of zoonoses transmissible via poultry and hatching eggs

Ok here's something I found, I copied it and I'm not sure it will come out ok.

You'd get way better value for money with hatching eggs, less hassle too.

Hmm, I suppose I should hop over to Holland for a visit some time?
wink.png
I actually lived there in '99-2000 for a my "gap year". I stayed about 20km from Amsterdam. At the moment my starter breeds list is up to 3 already, but I will keep the Cemani in mind for future.
LOL You are more then welcome.... BUT tell me when you are hop over, maybe you can help me also ..... ;-)
I am 3 hrs from AMS

Back
Top Bottom