Chicken Breed Focus - d'Uccle bantams

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sumi, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Awww!! Thanks for sharing!
  2. LosOsosChick

LosOsosChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2013
    Los Osos
    We are new to this breed! Just brought home two young hens on Sunday for my daughter to train for show in 4-H. They are adorable, and so sweet! Don't have any good pictures yet, but I'll post when I do. Right now they're laying fertile eggs so we're collecting them, and set our first clutch last night in an incubator borrowed from the 4-H leader. We've never hatched eggs so far, so fingers are crossed that some of them make it!!
  3. N F C

N F C home again! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Such pretty birds!
  4. CassieWest

CassieWest Just Hatched

Jan 25, 2014
    My little girl looks the same but doesn't have any feathers on her little toes, can someone please explain this?? I'd really like to know what her breed is as she was a gift to me & my flock.[​IMG]
    1 person likes this.
  5. CherylNJ

CherylNJ Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2015
    Ocean County, New Jersey
    Oh How I love Belgian D'Uccle. I am looking for a pair of pullets if anyone near me has any for sale. I lost my dear "Millie" in February and she was my pride and joy. The farm where I bought her no longer breeds bantams. I am having a hard time finding sexed little ones as we like to hand raise ours from chicks.

Anyone selling Mille Fluers in my area I would gladly buy them just no roos, town ordinance. I am willing to travel in the tri state area to get them.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  6. Ballerina Bird

Ballerina Bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2014
    That is one cute bird.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ChickenHermit

ChickenHermit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2015
    Astoria, OR
    I ended up with a D'Uccle last year quite by accident, and we discovered we love them. They have the most awesomely quirky personalities, and are super friendly and fun to watch. We have six D'Uccle chicks this year in a variety of colors, and they've been a joy. :)

Two little golden necks.

Two little mille fleurs
    1 person likes this.
  8. ekalbach

ekalbach Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2015
    We are going to try and hatch some eggs. Can't wait to see if they hatch.
  9. ShidelsRestBB

ShidelsRestBB Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2015
    My Coop
    My husband's family have d'Ucclets in Belgium. We have a few. All pullets. Porcelain, Blue, and Black mottled. Not breeding because I have not found the right roo. Thinking of importing some hatching eggs next year. New blood, and could be quite the investment. My husband was born near Uccle, and it is a great sentimental reminder of where he came from.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Bine

Bine Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like a small rose comb. So she may be a d'Anvers. The tiny Barbus from Belgium come in many shapes and colours:
    They are all wounderful pet-chickens and at least my Barbus are laying well during the warm season, if they are not bussy raising chicks. They go brody frequently and some hens will raise batch after batch and exhaust themself doing so. So have an eye on that and stop them early.
    The are so sweet and you may find it hard to tell them no. If you are not careful you will find yourself sitting on the sofa watching telly surrounded by tiny chickens or you wake up to the rooster's crow and chatty little hens roosting on your bedside cabinet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by