Chicken Breed Focus - Leghorn

Pics

Some of this weeks hatch.
Isabelles and brown split to isabelles.
Isabelle rooster

@The Moonshiner

Remind me again.... you use light bown or dark brown with the Isabella?

On the Leghorn facebook page someone posted photos of what I think is my new favorite color... looks like an Isabella but over a Millie Fleur. So, a lavender over a Millie Fleur, with all of those great spots on the girls. Great color. :drool

Anyone have two dozen eggs to send me in that color?? Wowza!

@The Moonshiner

Remind me again.... you use light bown or dark brown with the Isabella?

On the Leghorn facebook page someone posted photos of what I think is my new favorite color... looks like an Isabella but over a Millie Fleur. So, a lavender over a Millie Fleur, with all of those great spots on the girls. Great color. :drool

Anyone have two dozen eggs to send me in that color?? Wowza!

Can you pm me a link to that pic?
I'm working on that color but havent gotten there yet. Probably be next summer. Gonna look like a porcelain d uccle. Calculator says I have 1 in 128 chance for a male and 1 in 128 for a female. Going to have to hatch a ton to get a few.

Ive used both. Some of my isabelles have dk brown blood in them. I use light brown just because I have better type in the lights then tbe darks.
Also my darks at the time were all rose combs. I do have a few of the rose comb isabelles and splits but they throw single and rose comb offspring with a mix of light and dark blood.

Very nice. I think Isabelles are gorgeous.

Thank you.
Your white rooster is gorgeous too. Now days the whites are pretty plain to me but that rooster really caught my eye right away. He's stunning.

Back
Top Bottom