Chicken Breed Focus - Swedish Flower Hen

I realize this is an older thread, but thought I'd ask about the color names... I've heard "blue" "snoleopard", etc. Are there specific names that apply to SFH color types?
Examples?
What would you call these two girls?
20180516_064008.jpg

20180516_063945.jpg

Thanks!

6C29B9B2-0CDF-487F-A08A-22C63800F9E9.jpeg
Black based Mille rooster.

You have two black snoleopards.

The snow leopard color is the tan color. The black blue or splash is based color. We have. Mille which is a red color with blue or black. Then we have red and splash.

SFH are bbs based with red or tan coloring. The tan snow color is a diluted red/dark brown.
This is a black based Mille rooster

@emily88 - awesome! Thank you! I would love to see more color examples and then get some advice on which of my 7 cockerels (yeah, hatched 10, got 7) to keep for color variety. My other girl is this one:
20180505_192936.jpg

Boy wise, I have all different variations from which to choose... might keep a couple if they're nice.

I'm thinking about adding some SFH to my small pastured flock. What are the pros/cons you've experienced? Would you recommend SFH or 55 Flowered Hens? Why? Thanks so much for your thoughts, advice, and comments.

I'm thinking about adding some SFH to my small pastured flock. What are the pros/cons you've experienced? Would you recommend SFH or 55 Flowered Hens? Why? Thanks so much for your thoughts, advice, and comments.
Too bad nobody answered this. Those on this thread who have had theirs for a couple of years now should be able to say what they've seen with them. Would be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom