Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
oh thats awesome i am so happy thanks!
smile.png
i can maybe drive up this weekend or next week,if thats ok with you?

Hi

I'm from South Africa, Atlantis.

I've got a few Black Orpingtons, but plan to have about 50 hens in total.

Can anybody PLEASE tell me where I can buy medicine? Also, what do you recommend as a vitamin/mineral supplement?
The local Beyer agent told me to get Avi Boost. Still waiting on the co-op to get some in stock.

Where is the best place to buy mixed grain? I'm currently buying in Darling, but they don't always have in stock.

Cheers

Hey blom, choockes is about a year, and gwen a year and a half I think. she should molt this fall. My name is Hedda by the way, will text you when I know more about when I can drive up

Hey Karel,
medicine and things you can buy at Panorama petshop , their no is 0219302609. But also there's an amazing avian vet in Klapmuts called Deon De Beers, he also stocks bird things and you can ask him about the best products, vaccinations, etc. his no is 0861232473. when you ever have a chook thats seriously sick, i would take her straight there. He also has really nice waterfowl food that has everything they need, without them getting overweight and great supplements.

oh , and PLEASE post pics of your chooks!! I LOVE Orps!

Last edited:
THANKS A MILLION to Dihan (Blom) for giving a loving home to my beautiful roo and hen! I worry about them so much but if Gwen has already laid two eggs, she clearly cant be too stressed out!
smile.png
Just please keep an eye on my roo and make sure he doesnt get beaten up too badly! after all he was hand-reared so he is a bit of a girl probably and not so great with the social skills maybe..
roll.png

Thanks again to an outstanding chicken person for taking on my babies!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom