Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
blom545 was so kind to take on my sweet roo francis and his girlfriend Gwen when I was no longer allowed to keep them! He gave them a beautiful home! Please send some pics if you have some time over the holidays!! And enjoy your time off!

Hello people,

I am a newbie on on this site as well as far as chickens are concerned.

I recently got a few incubators from a friend of mine. I just started with some eggs and currently waiting on them to hatch.
I have been obtaining some very good advice from members on this forum.
Btw, I am from East London. I would like to know if there's anyone else from EL on here?
I do not have my own laying hens so I'm always looking for locals to supply me with fertile eggs....

Welcome mbelim! I am a newbie too so I don't have any advice on incubating!! Just wanted to welcome you! Hope you have a good hatch! If you are looking for some hatching eggs, quial breeders sa is located in east London and they have hatching chicken as well as quial eggs!

Hello people,

I am a newbie on on this site as well as far as chickens are concerned.

I recently got a few incubators from a friend of mine. I just started with some eggs and currently waiting on them to hatch.
I have been obtaining some very good advice from members on this forum.
Btw, I am from East London. I would like to know if there's anyone else from EL on here?
I do not have my own laying hens so I'm always looking for locals to supply me with fertile eggs....
Aweosme!!! I would have been able to supply you with eggs but im in Vryheid!!! I hatch in bators too!!! 48 chicks a week!!!

Hope you find someone!!!

Does anybody know if I want to advertise some chickens and hatching eggs if I can do it here on the SA thread or must I place the ads in the classified section? Just worried SA folks won't see the ads if they're in the classifieds. I have white minorcas, blue/black australorps, chocolate orpingtons, partridge brahmas, polish bantams, salmon wyandotte bantams, silver double laced barnevelder bantams). I live in Centurion.

Does anybody know if I want to advertise some chickens and hatching eggs if I can do it here on the SA thread or must I place the ads in the classified section? Just worried SA folks won't see the ads if they're in the classifieds. I have white minorcas, blue/black australorps, chocolate orpingtons, partridge brahmas, polish bantams, salmon wyandotte bantams, silver double laced barnevelder bantams). I live in Centurion.
Emm, on here please!! Would you do delivery??

Emm, on here please!! Would you do delivery??

Ok, Here's what I have available:

Adult birds:
Buff Pekin Bantams 2 pairs @ R250 per pair.
White Minorca Pair + 1 pullet @ R800 for the group/trio. Ideal for free range, does not fare well in a cage.

Young birds +- 8weeks old, unsexed:
Black/Blue split Australorp x 3 @ R200 for the three. These three get along very well and are unhappy when separated.
Buff Pekin Bantams x 2 @ R60 each.
Polish Bantams x 11 @ R100 each (6xSelf white; 3xSplash; 1x WC Black; 1xWC Blue) My white hen got Breed Champ at the Feestate Show in April.

Chicks +- 4 weeks old, unsexed:
Polish Bantams x 6 @ R60 each (3xWC Blue; 3xSplash)

Silly me kept the polish chicks with some older chicks, and their crests got pecked a bit but they are growing back.

Eggs (available on order):
Salmon Wyandotte Bantams +- 18/week @ R20ea
Silver Double Laced Barnevelder Bantams +- 6/week @ R20ea
Polish Bantams +- 18/week @ R15ea (eggs only available until 4 January)
Buff Pekin Bantams +- 12/week @ R15ea
White Minorca (large) +- 6/week @ R10ea
Chocolate Orpington (large) +- 6/week @ R25ea (looks like hen has gone broody. If so I won't have eggs available for a while)

Because I'm not in control of the delivery/incubation of eggs, they can't be guaranteed. However, if and when available I'll always try to replace a batch of eggs if your hatch fails, but this is only when I have available and obviously excludes courier.

I'll deliver for free within 20-30 km from Centurion for reasonable orders. Eggs can be packaged for courier pickup. Buyer to arrange and pay courier. Live birds must be collected from my house in Centurion or work close to Harties (unless we arrange otherwise). I don't know of any (affordable) transport services for live birds.

Ok, Here's what I have available:

Adult birds:
Buff Pekin Bantams 2 pairs @ R250 per pair.
White Minorca Pair + 1 pullet @ R800 for the group/trio. Ideal for free range, does not fare well in a cage.

Young birds +- 8weeks old, unsexed:
Black/Blue split Australorp x 3 @ R200 for the three. These three get along very well and are unhappy when separated.
Buff Pekin Bantams x 2 @ R60 each.
Polish Bantams x 11 @ R100 each (6xSelf white; 3xSplash; 1x WC Black; 1xWC Blue) My white hen got Breed Champ at the Feestate Show in April.

Chicks +- 4 weeks old, unsexed:
Polish Bantams x 6 @ R60 each (3xWC Blue; 3xSplash)

Silly me kept the polish chicks with some older chicks, and their crests got pecked a bit but they are growing back.

Eggs (available on order):
Salmon Wyandotte Bantams +- 18/week @ R20ea
Silver Double Laced Barnevelder Bantams +- 6/week @ R20ea
Polish Bantams +- 18/week @ R15ea (eggs only available until 4 January)
Buff Pekin Bantams +- 12/week @ R15ea
White Minorca (large) +- 6/week @ R10ea
Chocolate Orpington (large) +- 6/week @ R25ea (looks like hen has gone broody. If so I won't have eggs available for a while)

Because I'm not in control of the delivery/incubation of eggs, they can't be guaranteed. However, if and when available I'll always try to replace a batch of eggs if your hatch fails, but this is only when I have available and obviously excludes courier.

I'll deliver for free within 20-30 km from Centurion for reasonable orders. Eggs can be packaged for courier pickup. Buyer to arrange and pay courier. Live birds must be collected from my house in Centurion or work close to Harties (unless we arrange otherwise). I don't know of any (affordable) transport services for live birds.
Aweosme...will have to think about it!! Are you in Hartebeespoortdam (speelong...sorry)

Back
Top Bottom