Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
Hi Folks.

I am in the Overberg on a farm near Witsand and are keeping Buff Orpingtons and Boschvelders.

Oooo, photo's of your boschvelders?? I looked them up on the web, they are beautiful.. It sounds like they are dual purpose??
Good at foraging & producing under any circumstance.... Wow, pretty and great layers.. With the camouflage they will do better than a plain white chicken, like leghorn's... Preditors always seem to go for the white bird's first..

Big surprise I cant get the orpingtons anymore. I give up.

@ Colin Fow thanks for the koekoeks I'm fetching them tomorrow

Awesome , I'm glad I could help you
thumbsup.gif

Thanks @hedz82, I should be done soonish, starting prelims tomorrow so that'll slow things down a bit. Is it a big problem if they want to sleep outside rather than in?
that depends if its predator-proof there and whether you can reach to clean up the poo..

@hedz82 the camp will be completely predator proof, I have a relatively large area that will be camped off and I want to split it in half to keep two breeds separate, but I can only really have a single coop, so I thought they could stay outside in the one camp and then I'll alternate them every now and then or put them all in the coop together if it rains or something.

Here are a few photos of my 6 Boschvelders showing off their colours. No two chickens looks the same. They are 12 weeks old and should start laying at about 18 weeks. I have 3 roosters and 3 pullets out of my first batch of Boschvelder eggs in my incubator.

I included a link to the Boschvelder website where you can read everything about this South African breed http://www.boschveld.co.za/

Day old Boschvelder chickens

At 12 weeks

Beaut
Here are a few photos of my 6 Boschvelders showing off their colours. No two chickens looks the same. They are 12 weeks old and should start laying at about 18 weeks. I have 3 roosters and 3 pullets out of my first batch of Boschvelder eggs in my incubator. I included a link to the Boschvelder website where you can read everything about this South African breed http://www.boschveld.co.za/ Day old Boschvelder chickens At 12 weeks
Beautiful birds, I love the waterbowl great idea

Back
Top Bottom