Chicken Cam:

Funny Title!!!
lau.gif

We put one in as well for the new chicks from about their second day using an old wireless webcam. I can check in on the chicks to make sure they've got enough food and are warm enough.

Thought I was the only one that obsessive. Hadn't thought about a pay site though.... hmmmm.
lol.png

cam_cap_(Small).JPG

Love it! Might have to upgrade to a higher quality cam we can put on the big screen!
wink.png

Quote:
I would love to have a wireless ip cam, this one is just a crappy old VGA cam. Would be sweet to be able to see your chickens online from anywhere in the world!

The wireless cam could be set up as an IP cam, but when I say old, I mean very old in computer terms. With your VGA you get a much better and much more reliable picture - I was actually jealous of you being able to see it on the TV rather than a grainy, jerky, webcam. lol

There is no way I could set this one up for remote viewing anymore - the way it transmits would crush my bandwidth if nothing else.
lol.png
But it is nice inside our own network to occasionally look.

Hope you'll post some pictures of their secret life - a kinda Big Brother - Chicken Coop photo or video essay! I look forward to seeing more.

Quote:
Well I did discover something interesting tonight, one of em, and I don't know who, makes something like a purring/snoring noise, its pretty funny!

Back
Top Bottom