Chicken can’t stand

sydney11

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2017
I have leghorn chick a little over 2 weeks old who can’t stand. She seems to be perfectly normal besides not being able to stand. She is eating and drinking normal she isn’t chirping as much when I try and touch her which kind of concerns me but she’s always been one of the friendlier chicks. I’ve got her in a separate box in the chick coop right now and every so often she will be in a different spot. She was from a hatchery so I assumed so she was vaccinated for Mareks but I’m not sure. Her eyes look normal to me and so is her poop. I’ve looked at her legs a little and they seem to look fine. I haven’t seen anything happen that would cause trauma. She became very vocal last night and I noticed her not getting up this morning. She seems to be moving around by using her wings however she is able to slightly “stand” for a few seconds at a time.

Awww! I am sorry about your chicken!!! Has she been stressed a lot lately? If so, just move her to a quieter room for a few days with food and water. LOTS OF WATER!!

Back
Top Bottom