Chicken can't stand or walk, paralyzed??

Pics
How’s the Ethel doing? Did she make it? There are lots of videos on YouTube about sick chickens. Here’s one

How’s the Ethel doing? Did she make it? There are lots of videos on YouTube about sick chickens. Here’s one
It has been mentioned on previous comments about giving her an Epsom salt bath but I was concerned as weak as she was that it might stress her out too much. Not sure if she is past that point yet that It would be ok to do it now. I know I'd definitely like to get her underside cleaned up which currently we are doing with a warm cloth.

When I lost mine to Marek's, the first one got sick, then 2 months later the next. It is a virus that causes a tumor on the spine or brain. It can take weeks or months to show.
I don't know if you can still get the rest vaccinated but it might be a good idea to talk to a vet.
I remember hearing, for unvaccinated adult chickens 99% chance it is Marek's if they can't stand up.

Sorry for being a Debbie downer, just trying to be helpful.

When I lost mine to Marek's, the first one got sick, then 2 months later the next. It is a virus that causes a tumor on the spine or brain. It can take weeks or months to show.
I don't know if you can still get the rest vaccinated but it might be a good idea to talk to a vet.
I remember hearing, for unvaccinated adult chickens 99% chance it is Marek's if they can't stand up.

Sorry for being a Debbie downer, just trying to be helpful.
Marek's is definitely something we are going to look into IF we end up loosing her, we'll have a necropsy done to confirm or rule it out. Praying it doesn't come to that, I've gotten quite attached to her sweet little self.

So Ethel is still hanging on. Still being stubborn for feedings. Flapping wings a bit more than previously. Still no use of her legs as far as standing on her own, although she can move/kick them. We are still tube feeding. Last time I weighed her she was 3# 2 oz that was Monday. I am going to start adding Vitamin E to her tube feedings (400iu) ......should that be the daily dose or for each feeding? I was also thinking about adding some tums to her tube feeding as well, for the calcium, but if she's not egg bound I don't know if she really needs that or not? She has a vet appt on Monday Feb 6th so I hope we can get some answers. I'm so afraid if she's misdiagnosed I'll put her down and do a necropsy only to find out it was something we could've fixed. 😓
We have got her a new setup to keep her comfortable. The towel was working ok but she still got poop on her underside, so hopefully this will help. If anyone has any thoughts on this (pictured below), I am open to any suggestions. Are her feet/legs too close to the ground, need to be hanging more? We can tilt it back some or put something under it to raise it up. I was going to cut a towel for a sling but then my husband came in with this baby bouncy. We might even put batteries in it and see if the music will play for her. 🙂 Probably won't try the vibrate function, that might be too much. Lol
I have also added some pics of an area I felt today that is very hard. I'm afraid it is a tumor? I read the post from Mrskenmore about her chicken that had a tumor. What I'm feeling is pretty much between her legs in front of her vent. (Also pictured below)
I do have holes cut in the bouncy for her legs and her vent.
Any thoughts on any of the above is appreciated .
One last thing, do you think she is strong enough to have a Epsom salt bath? I want to get her underside cleaned off some.

Attachments

• PXL_20230125_214032175.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230125_214032175.MP.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20230125_214047320.jpg
    PXL_20230125_214047320.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20230125_214109758.jpg
    PXL_20230125_214109758.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20230125_213242049.jpg
    PXL_20230125_213242049.jpg