Chicken can't stand or walk, paralyzed??

Pics
The green one has B-6 and it's important for nerve connections. The red one mysteriously leaves it out. Get the green one. If you are in the US and near a Walmart, you can get their B-100 today. I just pop one tablet a day into the beak.

If this hen is egg bound, she'd probably be dead by now. Egg binding causes blockages in the whole body that would cause near death symptoms. Egg binding is not like being constipated. It causes near shutdown of the body. You'd be far more worried about the hen than just her legs.

This saved my “paralyzed” hen. She was unable to use her legs. She could only kind of kick them and flail about. She was weak and didn’t eat much at all until I started the vitamins.

This was a quote from my thread. @azygous helped me save my hen. I stuck to the regimen for 4 weeks and my hen is well today.

“Extreme leg weakness. It appears the nerves and muscles are functioning and no profound paralysis. I would treat with vitamin E, a sliver of selenium and B-complex, all vitamins found in the vitamin section at any pharmacy.

Get the B-100 complex tablets if you can. It has the highest therapuetic concentration and will work quickest. Give B and E pills whole directly into the beak. each day. A sliver of a selenium table will assist in absorption of the E.”

This saved my “paralyzed” hen. She was unable to use her legs. She could only kind of kick them and flail about. She was weak and didn’t eat much at all until I started the vitamins.

This was a quote from my thread. @azygous helped me save my hen. I stuck to the regimen for 4 weeks and my hen is well today.

“Extreme leg weakness. It appears the nerves and muscles are functioning and no profound paralysis. I would treat with vitamin E, a sliver of selenium and B-complex, all vitamins found in the vitamin section at any pharmacy.

Get the B-100 complex tablets if you can. It has the highest therapuetic concentration and will work quickest. Give B and E pills whole directly into the beak. each day. A sliver of a selenium table will assist in absorption of the E.”
The vitamin e that I have are 200 IU each so I'm using two of them and I started that yesterday by puncturing it and squeezing it into her feed. But you're saying that I should actually just put the entire gel cap in her mouth and get her to swallow it? Also the same about the vitamin b 100 complex? Those are pretty big tablets or capsules rather for her to swallow I would think? And selenium is a pill or a powder, I'm not familiar with that.

The vitamin e that I have are 200 IU each so I'm using two of them and I started that yesterday by puncturing it and squeezing it into her feed. But you're saying that I should actually just put the entire gel cap in her mouth and get her to swallow it? Also the same about the vitamin b 100 complex? Those are pretty big tablets or capsules rather for her to swallow I would think? And selenium is a pill or a powder, I'm not familiar with that.
102F904A-764E-4163-A6B3-C35151A1377C.jpeg

This was the size and dosage of mine. I purchased the B and E at Dollar General. The hens can swallow them easily. I never had an issue opening up her beak and putting it in there.

View attachment 3386945
This was the size and dosage of mine. I purchased the B and E at Dollar General. The hens can swallow them easily. I never had an issue opening up her beak and putting it in there.
Thank you for that picture. I'll have my husband run up to DG today to see if he can find those. Did you just give 1 of each daily?

Instead of showing a label on a vitamin bottle it would be more helpful to show the ingredients side with the strengths.

You need 2000mg of vitamin E with just a bare sliver of selenium. For the B-complex, you need B-2, 6 and 12 in a minimum of 50mg up to 100mg. Those three are necessary in combo to repair nerve damage.

Chickens can swallow bigger pills than you can.

Instead of showing a label on a vitamin bottle it would be more helpful to show the ingredients side with the strengths.

You need 2000mg of vitamin E with just a bare sliver of selenium. For the B-complex, you need B-2, 6 and 12 in a minimum of 50mg up to 100mg. Those three are necessary in combo to repair nerve damage.

Chickens can swallow bigger pills than you can.
Is that supposed to say 2000mg of Vitamin E? All I'm finding (the highest)is 400ui/180mg

Ethel is doing good. Her Selenium and vitamin E arrived today. I mixed a sliver of the selenium into her tube formula and gave her of of the 678mg vitamin E gel tabs and will give her another with her evening feeding. Her vitamin B should he here tomorrow.
Question: 1 Vitamin B per day or per meal? Same question for the vitamin E and selenium.
She is also having much more normal poops. (Pictured below). I hope this is a good sign that things are getting better.

Attachments

• PXL_20230127_180801057.jpg
    PXL_20230127_180801057.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom