CHICKEN CHOKING PLEASE HELP

no she’s just resting and she’s no longer gagging and she’s peeping now
Good! Offer her some water, it may soothe her likely irritated throat.
Did she cough anything up? Swallow anything? Did she stop gagging the minute her tongue popped back into view?

Good! Offer her some water, it may sooth her likely irritated throat.
Did she cough anything up? Swallow anything? Did she stop gagging the minute her tongue popped back into view?
oh my poor baby :(, she didn’t cough up anything, we were massaging her throat and all of a sudden she just lays down and closes her eyes and then start looking at her feet and biting her feathers

This happened to one of our Hens years ago. Make sure you give chickens smaller pieces of scraps or food. Ours was able to finally swallow the food but it took quite a while for her to do on her own.

Put those napkins out of her reach. Chickens are like kids. Cats are to. My two year old tried to eat and destroy our napkins. Out of reach is the best solution.

she still seems to be like opening her mouth but she seems to be okay, but shes sorta opening her mouth here and then, she’s walking, she’s laying with me right now, staring around, shes sleeping now :’)

Do you know what "grit" is? It's like sand. Chickens need grit to digest their food. If they don't get it, their food isn't digested and they get blocked, and they sometimes act like your chick did. They can sometimes die if they don't have grit.

Back
Top Bottom