Chicken coop build 8’ x 20’

Sorry. I probably didn’t word that correctly. Which side of pop door would you install the auto door? View attachment 3228606View attachment 3228607
Humm. I don't use one, but I'd think the outside would be best? Less chance of chickens kicking shavings or whatever bedding material you use in the track or mechanicals causing a failure. But I'm just guessing because I've never seen one let alone used one.

Humm. I don't use one, but I'd think the outside would be best? Less chance of chickens kicking shavings or whatever bedding material you use in the track or mechanicals causing a failure. But I'm just guessing because I've never seen one let alone used one.

Yeah, that’s what my husband thought.

A tiny home B&B.

We have a huge homeless crisis in Portland. We need to hurry and get the chickens in the coop or we may wake up and find someone living in it. And I’m only half joking here. A few “campers” are living down the road on uncleared property. When we started building on our property, I found several used needles on the ground. I’ll be paranoid forever about walking around in our treed area and getting stuck by one.

A remnant from the manufacturer of the HDPE sheets..... or from another end user?

I thought we bought directly from the manufacturer but I just looked at the label and it says Simona American Industries. We went through one of their wholesalers/distributors.

You did give me an idea to try and sell my HDPE and polycarbonate remnants and recoup some money. I was going to recycle them.

Got a few more odds and ends done before I had to leave for work.

The sides of the coop and egg hutches are lined. The Dutch door is hung. Latches are still needed everywhere. I’m going to keep one nest box without dividers. I’m really hoping to finish up all the windows and the door tonight. My husband is picking up the roof today and we’ll start on that tomorrow.

A06D5926-66CA-4055-AA0B-70186918F55A.jpeg

5CCF0675-775B-4DA8-999C-2EBB5A2B4D02.jpeg 35100E51-EE1F-4C8D-AC6B-6A89BC2A4D20.jpeg

Attachments

• 393D9797-49BE-470A-8752-AD3BFE75115D.jpeg
    393D9797-49BE-470A-8752-AD3BFE75115D.jpeg
    463.3 KB · Views: 15
Sorry. I probably didn’t word that correctly. Which side of pop door would you install the auto door?
Depends on the auto door. Any that swing should swing outwards. Sliding or guillotine style, inside or out should be fine. I have guillotine style and installed mine inside to give it extra climate protection (even though it's waterproof) as it helps prevent the cord gathering dew and then freezing in cold weather.

Back
Top Bottom