~ ~ ~ CHICKEN COOPS~TURKEY HOUSING~PIGS~DOG HOUSES ~ ~ ~

lichicks

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 10, 2008
I BUILD SOME BEAUTIFUL CHICKEN COOPS AND ALL OTHER LIVESTOCK HOUSING. CALL OR DROP ME A NOT STATING HOW MANY BIRDS, ANIMALS YOUR LOOKING TO HOUSE AN APPROX WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD. I LIVE IN lONG iSLAND BUT I CAN DELIVER ONE WITHIN A 100 MILE RADIUS FOR A SMALL FEE. DAN 631-901-5811

Last edited:
Dan,

Welcome to BYC Forum !!

If you can deliver to Jackson, New Jersey, 08527 - come Spring I'll put you to work. I want a coop that looks like this, but is bigger...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=330290135190&_fvi=1

I'd like it to be 7.5 ft tall by 9 feet long. If you use 2x4s and good solid wood you'll be working for me...

Stay in touch via PMs here. I'm a retired chef so when you come to the jobsite you'll be eating like a king...

Michael

Sounds great! Yes I will come to jackson. I build with all pressure treated, real 2x4's 3/4 ply on the floors. Its a shame people dont want to spend the money, they'd rather buy prefab that falls apart in a few years. I have no problen coming to you. I normaly build them to spec and bring them built. Just have to know what particular design you'd like.

Dan,

I collect guitars and participate on a lot of guitar oriented forums. If there is one thing I learned there that I can share with you here it is:

a picture goes a long way in showing folks what you can do

So if you have any photos of your work you can share with forum members you'll likely find more possible customers that way. A lot of folks like me have the chicken bug, but don't have the tools or the skills to build our dream coops. You can use me as your guinea pig here and I'll help you post lots of photos of what you build us...

Michael

P4050737.jpg

Here is a photo of our friend Kim's coop - just so you know what we want - something along these lines - but sturdier built: 10 ft long by 7 ft high by 8 ft wide, with the roof slanting toward the back where the "coop" portion is. Each end of the coop should have a chicken door as we plan on fencing in the back portion so we can have a split garden - outdoor run. The coop will need to be insulated too. I learned a lot doing our first coop and this will be one will be our last (don't quote me on that later, LOL).

Maybe the best way would be to prefab sections and then put it together here, then staple gun the hardware cloth to the frame.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom