Hey Ted,

What does HC stand for? I would take a deep breath but these wildfires have been pretty rough for Wisconsin. I hope you guys are doing alright up there!!
@Krugerrand is correct, comes in a number of different hole size openings and wire thicknesses.

Most commonly recommended on BYC is 1/2" openings with 19 gauge wire. Square holes.

Last edited:
C6406D1F-2384-4517-8B57-B8055293AB29.jpeg

Update. Siding is looking great!!!

From what I have read sand as bedding works very well in a dry climate; if one does not have that a coop or run can end up a wet smelly heavy mess.

I use "deep" litter method in the run and "deep" bedding with drop boards in the coop. I never clean the run just add masses of leaves every fall. In the coop the drop boards are sifted clean daily or often, bedding changed once a year maybe. No smell, no mess, yes dust.

From what I have read sand as bedding works very well in a dry climate; if one does not have that a coop or run can end up a wet smelly heavy mess.

I use "deep" litter method in the run and "deep" bedding with drop boards in the coop. I never clean the run just add masses of leaves every fall. In the coop the drop boards are sifted clean daily or often, bedding changed once a year maybe. No smell, no mess, yes dust.
Hey Ted, I will be doing the deep litter method in the back portion of the coop where they roost. I'm talking about the "scratch shed" area in the front with the windows. I know it needs to be a coarser sand than play sand, I'm just not sure what it's called.

Back
Top Bottom