Chicken developing prolapse vent

Great!!! Was this one her first eggs? (That is a nice looking egg) Maybe try to boost calcium level and add a couple extra vitamins for a couple days just to be on safe side!!

Yeah Prolapse cans come from producing extra lg eggs especially frequently. Or from new layers or low calcium level. Sometimes infection in oviduct ( but doubtful) I’ve heard some are just prone to it

Yeah Prolapse cans come from producing extra lg eggs especially frequently. Or from new layers or low calcium level. Sometimes infection in oviduct ( but doubtful) I’ve heard some are just prone to it
Her eggs tend to be a bit bigger than her sisters this is her second season she was hatched out early last spring and layed through the winter on and off. This one seems to be about one and half her usual (which are already one and a half the size of my other two seabrights). I'll definitely up the calcium but I'm pretty sure that's not a problem because they had thin shells last spring so I started putting the shells back along with their oyster shell and they started having nice thick shells on their eggs :D. I'm really hoping she doesn't have any more issues like this cause my seabrights are the first I ever got so their my favorites :fl. I'm also trying my hand at incubating! Not sure yet if the eggs are fertile cause our roo is special, his names peg wonder if you can guess why.... :p

20180610_114502.jpg

His feet got eaten by a racoon when he was a chick but he gets around fine even gets on his roost
20180610_114506.jpg
I would think that if he could get up on the roost he could get on a hen but I haven't ever caught him successfully doing the "Devils Tango" :rolleyes:

Haha. Love it. He’s awesome! Sounds like you got calcium under control. Could’ve just been that egg. If everything goes normal next couple of days I think you shouldn’t have anything to worry about

Yep unfortunately he might not make them fertile. I wish he could cause he’s beautiful but they usually grab on with their feet. He’s missing both?

Yep unfortunately he might not make them fertile. I wish he could cause he’s beautiful but they usually grab on with their feet. He’s missing both?
Yep just little pegs haha :lol:, I'm on the second day of incubating so I can't really tell yet, hoping for the best though :fl

Dang. Surviving raccoon attack. I thought my rooster was bada** I hate raccoon. Had one reach under and rip one of my 6 week old RIR legs. It took most of her thigh. We tried but too young and too much blood and injury. She didn’t make it. Many years ago

Back
Top Bottom