Chicken developing prolapse vent

Dang. Surviving raccoon attack. I thought my rooster was bada** I hate raccoon. Had one reach under and rip one of my 6 week old RIR legs. It took most of her thigh. We tried but too young and too much blood and injury. She didn’t make it. Many years ago
Aw that sucks, he was pretty young but pulled through fine cause he's a trooper. Yeah raccoons are nasty and they'll just keep coming back too. Despite his trauma hes still the sweetest little rooster.

Or maybe you can’t do that yet? I never incubated ( want to) so I don’t know all that yet
I did candle bbbuuuttt it's a little early (you can usually tell by day 5 though, best development on day 7 but the waiting ugh :barnie) and I'm not really good enough to see minor changes that some people can see in the first few days.

He’s probably appreciative. That’s awesome he made it. That officially makes him the man!! Don’t know anything about hatching. Hope to learn soon. Best of luck. I hope you get some!!

He’s probably appreciative. That’s awesome he made it. That officially makes him the man!! Don’t know anything about hatching. Hope to learn soon. Best of luck. I hope you get some!!
20180629_174623.jpg

First batch was a bust but I didn't give up and incubated a few more and one was fertile! I started 7 more once I found out and it looks like I have 2 out of those. So not a super amazing fertility rate but he is getting up there :p. I'm SUPER excited and can't wait to see what they'll look like :celebrateI have a little over a week on the first one and about two weeks on the second two and a few more I started after that that I'm waiting to see if they're fertile so I guess I'll just have to see how it goes :clap. (Old pic of egg BTW that was day 5 it's hard to see too much now cause it's pretty dark)

Back
Top Bottom