Chicken died we don’t know how help!

Daniel20

In the Brooder
May 4, 2021
We woke up this morning to do animal chores and saw one of our chickens died, and we don’t know how it happened. We noticed a little mark on chest not quite sure if that was the reason.

Last night I went to check on the chickens, and I saw one of the chickens (not quite sure if it was her because I have 25 black jersey giant hens) outside of there coop in the run just laying down. As I was picking her up to take her to the coop I saw a big rat. Could it be that the rat bit her? And gave her a disease?

Thank you guys for reading and your time

Attachments

• ADB51E31-C868-460D-A172-00CA71FA8A73.jpeg
    ADB51E31-C868-460D-A172-00CA71FA8A73.jpeg
    611.2 KB · Views: 4
We woke up this morning to do animal chores and saw one of our chickens died, and we don’t know how it happened. We noticed a little mark on chest not quite sure if that was the reason.

Last night I went to check on the chickens, and I saw one of the chickens (not quite sure if it was her because I have 25 black jersey giant hens) outside of there coop in the run just laying down. As I was picking her up to take her to the coop I saw a big rat. Could it be that the rat bit her? And gave her a disease?

Thank you guys for reading and your time

Sorry for your loss. The meat is still good, I tend to eat the ones that die healthy. And you can examine internally what happened.

The wound location could have been a fatal puncture wound, if it was a bite. A rat could also cause them shock and distress might cause a heart attack. But she may also have been sick or had an internal infection.

Sorry for your loss. The meat is still good, I tend to eat the ones that die healthy. And you can examine internally what happened.

The wound location could have been a fatal puncture wound, if it was a bite. A rat could also cause them shock and distress might cause a heart attack. But she may also have been sick or had an internal infection.
Thank you. All the chickens were lively yesterday. I don’t think they could’ve been sick. But as the fatal puncture wound, what causes that?

Thank you. All the chickens were lively yesterday. I don’t think they could’ve been sick. But as the fatal puncture wound, what causes that?
Just saying it could be any cause that your chicken died. None of my chickens have ever been bitten by a rat, so i dont know what the teeth marks look like. There would be blood if she wad bitten, and i dont see any in the photo.

Back
Top Bottom