Chicken ear infection?

Maybe try checking in her mouth and throat for any abcesses. How has she been acting?
she’s been the same since she had this. She is just stressed constantly and seems not to gain weight as her sisters.

what else could it be if not ear infection
I’m not sure, you said you don’t see puss but ear infections there’s puss. I can’t tell by your picture what’s going on if anything with her ears. Puss in chickens is not like puss in people, it’s lot liquidy. Chicken puss is more solid like a hard cheese like substance. Do you see any of that in her ear?

If not can you give us any type of symptoms she may be having to be able to give you any more guidance or help?

I’m not sure, you said you don’t see puss but ear infections there’s puss. I can’t tell by your picture what’s going on if anything with her ears. Puss in chickens is not like puss in people, it’s lot liquidy. Chicken puss is more solid like a hard cheese like substance. Do you see any of that in her ear?

If not can you give us any type of symptoms she may be having to be able to give you any more guidance or help?
i will send a close up video later tn because i can’t catch her right now. But she shakes her head and scratches her head around her ear. her skin on her head is dry. her feathers seemed to dry up a little too. she doesn’t like her head to be touched.

i will send a close up video later tn because i can’t catch her right now. But she shakes her head and scratches her head around her ear. her skin on her head is dry. her feathers seemed to dry up a little too. she doesn’t like her head to be touched.
and her ear lobe puffs out not how it’s supposed too be

and her ear lobe puffs out not how it’s supposed too be
IMG_2104.jpeg

Looks like an ear infection.

If vet care is an option, that would be best.

Do you have someone that can help you with her? Wrap her in a towel to capture the wings so she's easier to handle. Put 1 drop of Peroxide in the ear and let it bubble up the gunk that's in the ear. Wipe it away, repeat if necessary, but only use 1 drop Peroxide at a time.
Once you clean the ear out, put some triple antibiotic ointment in the ear.
Clean out the ear daily and reapply your ointment.
See if she improves in a few days.

Do you see any lesions or mucous inside the beak?

Do you have someone that can help you with her? Wrap her in a towel to capture the wings so she's easier to handle. Put 1 drop of Peroxide in the ear and let it bubble up the gunk that's in the ear. Wipe it away, repeat if necessary, but only use 1 drop Peroxide at a time.

i put some peroxide and antibiotic ointment. Let’s see if it helps with

i put some peroxide and antibiotic ointment. Let’s see if it helps with

Attachments

• IMG_2112.jpeg
    IMG_2112.jpeg
    524.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2116.jpeg
    IMG_2116.jpeg
    609.6 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom