Chicken ear infection?

joserod

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2023
Help my chicken has been dealing with this for 4months i been trying to treat with antibacterial spray and cream.

Attachments

• IMG_2106.jpeg
    IMG_2106.jpeg
    389.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2108.jpeg
    IMG_2108.jpeg
    382.8 KB · Views: 13
Have you been physically removing the puss? The puss will have to be removed for the medicine to do its job. You can use a qtip with most of the cotton removed or a blunted tooth pick to dig out the puss. Once the puss it removed you can then apply neosporin in the ear. This will need to be done daily to clear out the infection. You can also use a drop of peroxide to help loosen the puss.

Have you tried pulling the gunk out? For an infection like that antibacterial stuff won't work since it's not a cut that's running the risk of getting infected.

Have you been physically removing the puss? The puss will have to be removed for the medicine to do its job. You can use a qtip with most of the cotton removed or a blunted tooth pick to dig out the puss. Once the puss it removed you can then apply neosporin in the ear. This will need to be done daily to clear out the infection. You can also use a drop of peroxide to help loosen the puss.
i haven’t seen any puss come out or can’t see any. Maybe its deep in her ear?

Back
Top Bottom