Chicken egg incubation -- how many days along?

Josh_M

Hatching
Jul 28, 2022
These eggs were pulled from the coop after having been in there a few days (with 3x chickens on them). Upon inspection I noticed they were fertilized and could see the embryo. I put them in the incubator and we're getting close. Looking for guesses as to which day these eggs are on. Pics were taken on 10/5 (for reference). I estimate they'll hatch on 10/10, so I plan to increase the humidity on 10/8. Thoughts?

Note: I have 5 other eggs incubating, too, which were started 2 days after these ones and they are clearly not as far along as these ones. Those 5 should hatch on 10/17. (These two sets are in separate incubators.)

Egg 1
2OwWrYb.jpg
Egg 2
xCXcvt2.jpg
Egg 3

7NG3Uz7.jpg

Yes I would agree (especially with the size of the eye you can see in the 2 pics). My guess would be along my guess is day 12 to day 14. You'll definitely know when they're pretty ready (closer to day 18) because with the exception of the air cells at the top the entire egg will be pretty opaque when you candle. Good luck.

Thanks to both. I used those same pics to compare, but wanted some experienced opinions.

Back
Top Bottom