How Far Along Is This Egg?

L1015

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 3, 2017
Hi there! We found a discarded duck egg at the edge of our pond partially submerged. Figured it couldn’t hurt to see if it was viable and we are delighted to find out it is! Any ideas how far along this bean is? We do have an incubator (the egg is currently safe inside) but have not hatched our own eggs before. I believe it is a mallard egg.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3481.jpeg
    IMG_3481.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Hi there! We found a discarded duck egg at the edge of our pond partially submerged. Figured it couldn’t hurt to see if it was viable and we are delighted to find out it is! Any ideas how far along this bean is? We do have an incubator (the egg is currently safe inside) but have not hatched our own eggs before. I believe it is a mallard egg.

Thank you!
It's a bit hard to tell from the pic, can you take a couple candling pics from the fat (air cell) end? Based off the pic for now though, I'd guess around 8-10 days.

It's a bit hard to tell from the pic, can you take a couple candling pics from the fat (air cell) end? Based off the pic for now though, I'd guess around 8-10 days.
It's a bit hard to tell from the pic, can you take a couple candling pics from the fat (air cell) end? Based off the pic for now though, I'd guess around 8-10 days

Attachments

• IMG_3487.jpeg
    IMG_3487.jpeg
    925.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3486.jpeg
    IMG_3486.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3485.jpeg
    IMG_3485.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 18
I'd guess ten days give or take a day based off these new pics. Do you have a pic of the egg in regular light? Just wondering what color/shade it is. Different duck species have different incubation lengths.

They do appear to be active but the egg looks oddly cloudy. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I think it's just the pic. Usually from one to two weeks with duck eggs, things are very different and confusing looking because of all of the rapid growth going on. A lot of people think they have twins at this stage from it being so confusing looking in there.
After two weeks it starts to make sense again it seems, haha.

I'd guess ten days give or take a day based off these new pics. Do you have a pic of the egg in regular light? Just wondering what color/shade it is. Different duck species have different incubation lengths.
I’m not home at the moment, but it is a blueish/green color

Back
Top Bottom