How's your girl doing?
well she's not quite eating on her own but if you put hard boiled egg in front of her she'll look at it with her one working eye and then bite the yolk. she likes grabbing the whole thing and "hiding it" as if I'm after it (like she used to). although when she drops in to eat it she just stops and doesn't reach down to eat it.
my father believes she has brain damage and a damaged nerve in her neck.
she refusing to drink water and fusses when I put the syringe near her. she's' getting a little better I suppose.

she hasn't layed a single egg

Hello! I’m so sorry for what happened to your chook. Is there any way you could put up a picture of her neck and her posture? It’s also great that she’s eating and drinking to some extent
i tried to take a picture of her but her head feathers are so long I'd have to move them to see her neck. i tried and she hissed. I'm kind if concerned about the hiss part.
she's now standing in the corner in the tub i put her in trying to avoid everyone at all costs. ya she's pretty pissed at me.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 18-53-42 I Dont Have A Name ( itshaileyrezac) • Instagram photos and ...png
    Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 18-53-42 I Dont Have A Name ( itshaileyrezac) • Instagram photos and ...png
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 18-53-32 I Dont Have A Name ( itshaileyrezac) • Instagram photos and ...png
    Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 18-53-32 I Dont Have A Name ( itshaileyrezac) • Instagram photos and ...png
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Fwiw, I had a pullet who passed away (not the hawk attack one; she had an internal bacterial problem), and she didn't care what we did to her at all. She was just totally out of it and passive.

So, I don't want to give you false hope - this is a serious situation - but the fact that she's energetic enough to be mad at you is something. Hoping the hydration and what little food she's stealing/hiding will be enough to get her through. Good luck.

update:

my dad decided to give her a little fresh air and let her wonder a little ways away from her box.
she roamed about 6 feet and when we went to put her back she actually ran away which is kind of good.🤷‍♀️
my brother finally caught her but she struggled the whole way back the tub.
no she's refusing to sit down even when she's sleeping.

i tried to take a picture of her but her head feathers are so long I'd have to move them to see her neck. i tried and she hissed. I'm kind if concerned about the hiss part.
she's now standing in the corner in the tub i put her in trying to avoid everyone at all costs
Fwi, I had a pullet who passed away (not the hawk attack one; she had an internal bacterial problem), and she didn't care what we did to her at all. She was just totally out of it and passive.

So, I don't want to give you false hope - this is a serious situation - but the fact that she's energetic enough to be mad at you is something. Hoping the hydration and what little food she's stealing/hiding will be enough to get her through. Good luck.
I'm hoping she'll get better soon but i have my doubts aswell
thank you for all your help

she's now standing in the corner in the tub i put her in trying to avoid everyone at all costs. ya she's pretty pissed at me.
Thanks for the photos. Like @maryn7 said, it’s really good that she has the energy to be pissed in the first place! At this point I’m thinking maybe she has some internal bruising? I’m only going that route because there appears to be no visible damage.

2 days ago i got an unwanted fox visit . ( In context I'm a minor and live with my father so it's harder for me to do things on my own[like vet visits and purchases on my own}) Thankfully my father saw it and stopped him. he was persistent. The fox cam back around and got a hold of one of our chickens. my father scared it away when he was on top of her.she did loose A LOT of feathers Although her skin wasn't broken she's been sitting there with her head down barely moving. we put her beak in some water to encourage her to drink. She put it in her mouth like she was going to drink it but she wouldn't put her head up to swallow it.
i couldn't seem to get the syringe in her mouth. Does she have any internal injuries.whats wrong with her neck,is she just in shock HELP.

now she cant open her eyes fully. she lost almost all the feathers on her neck. A brain injury?a damaged nerve?
thankyou all so much for you're help

she's back in the run with all the other chickens though she's not loving it

So she's back eating and drinking? As other folks said, she may have just been sore. She got pounced and roughed up by something much larger than her. Glad to hear she's back with her friends, even if she's not happy about it atm. You did a good job nursing her thru it

Back
Top Bottom