Chicken First Aid Kit

PercyDinnie

Hatching
Jan 15, 2017
Hi, thanks for the welcome. I'm currently in my first year of keeping chickens and have started a breeding project.

I'm just wondering what would be the best items to keep in a chicken first aid kit?

G'day and Welcome to Backyard chickens. BYC has a large Aussie community and a dandy thread "Australia six states and one funny little island. " Folks on there should be able to give you names of meds that you will be able to buy. Good luck to you and hope to see you around the BYC site.

welcome-byc.gif

The Topic of the Week link is a good one...a lot of things on there do not require a vet consult (like rubber gloves, scissors, wrapping bandages, small cage for segregating sick/injured birds, etc.). Good for you on trying to be prepared for those things that pop up.

Greetings from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy you joined our flock! Great question! Looks like you've received some good links to research so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

Howdy neighbour
frow.gif
Welcome!

As suggested, please do pop in to the Aussie Thread and say G’Day, you will be welcome.

CTKen beat me to it with the Topic of the Week, Emergency First Aid Preparedness and I definitely recommend that thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom