Chicken forage mix from Peaceful Valley has changed.

WoodlandWoman

Crowing
16 Years
May 8, 2007
Wisconsin
I will say right up front that this is a rant. I've been trying to get the chicken forage mix from Peaceful Valley since early February. They've had trouble with their computer. First it wouldn't complete the order in the shopping cart. Then when I did get an order through, they said it never shipped for some reason they didn't know. Then it still didn't ship when they said and was late getting delivered. I've been in contact with them a half a dozen times. They're always nice, but I've never had so much trouble getting something ordered before.

Now that I finally got it, I see that they changed half the seeds in the mix. The web site still says it contains what I ordered, but that's not what they shipped me. It has the same name, but a different mix. Now it has no flax, three different rye grasses, three different clovers, no alfalfa and no cow peas. They added millet. It still has some of the trefoil and buckwheat in it.

I have a lot of grass and clover growing already. I didn't need a bag of grass and clover. I could throw some birdseed out to get more millet. I guess I just feel annoyed that they made it so stinking hard to even get it and then they did a bait and switch on me! Geez. Okay, rant over.
wink.png

Quote:
Did you complain to the company? They should refund your money. You did not get what you paid for.

Is there a web-site to look for the mix I would love to plant some of this for my chickens I don't know if any other company carries it, But I would call and let them know that what they sent you is not what you ordered. I need something to plant that the chickens would love and since there is no grass growing right now this would be great for me if you could give a link to the company you used. I am sorry you are going through this.

Every time we order seeds from them SOMETHING goes wrong, either with their site or with delivery. I guess we thought, sure they said they are having glitches online, so lets order over the phone. They lady was helpful and patient throughout our LOOOONG order and told us that it would be shipped that week....we had to call and ask them to send it weeks later. It is frustrating! We did get our chicken forage started though and it is looking good! I can't wait to let the chickens go at it!

Quote:
How about Stock Seed Farms? I haven't tried ordering online since they're within driving distance for me. They sell a bunch of wildflower and meadow mixes, as well as pasture mixes to include deer & turkey forage mix and game bird mix. I like them--friendly, and nice selection.

Forage base deer and turkey mix:
alfalfa, alsike clover, chicory, peas, ladino clover, oats, red clover, timothy, turnips, wheat

Upland Game Bird mix:
annual sunflower, buckwheat, millet, oats, partridgepea, milo, millet

www.stockseed.com

Last edited:
I want to plant some grass boxes in the girls run can anyone give me a good web-site to order these type of mix grass seed and does anyone know if the farm stores might carry something like this thanks for the help.

Sorry I was so crabby! I'm not usually that impatient, but they charged my credit card as soon as I ordered. So, the cc bill came and had around $140 on it for the order that never shipped. I had tools for my husband's birthday in the order, too, that's why it was so high. Anyway, I needed to deal with the cc bill, so I felt like I had to try to get it resolved, one way or the other. It's always such an adventure to order online with a company you've never done business with before.
lol.png

Quote:
Does this come in seed form or in a container already growing I would love to order some of this for my girls to put in the raised grass boxes I am making in there run. Any help would be appreciated and I understand crabby I have been that way for the last few days.

Back
Top Bottom