Chicken forage mix from Peaceful Valley has changed.

WoodlandWoman,

Here at Peaceful Valley we read today about your bad experience. We're very sorry. My apologies! It was just brought to our attention last week that the website has an outdated ingredient list for the Omega-3 Chicken Forage Blend. Please contact me directly so I can make this right.

Katie Wagner - Customer Service
(888) 784-1722 x 125
[email protected]

Thank you I was trying to figure out how much was in a bag, so i knew how much to order to do the raised grass boxes in the run.

I ordered the chicken forage mix from Peaceful Valley and planted it in an unused garden plot which is in shade about half the day. We just raked it into the surface and kept it watered, and we had very good germination. The instructions state that it requires irrigation, and we noticed this was especially true in our sandy soil. But if you keep it moist, it sure does grow and fill in quickly.

The instructions also state that you can let the chickens onto it when it is 3 to 5 inches high. I let hens in when it was about 5 inches high, and they quickly demolished the entire plot. I think the sandy soil was so loose, their scratching just uprooted it. If you have sandy or loose soil, I'd advise waiting much longer until the root system is firmly established, even if that means mowing it a few times and just feeding them the cut grass. We have routed the hens to another area and have reseeded the entire area with more of the forage mix, as the hens really did enjoy this stuff and ate every bit of it.

I've had good service from the company and believe the seed was very fresh, based on the good germination rate.

I have a question. If I plant some in a raised bed, can I just use the cut and come again method to feed it to them?
Does it keep growing from the roots like lettuce and other cut and come again crops?

Back
Top Bottom