Chicken found alive after 1-2 months of being trapped

when she starts perking up, you can mash banana and syringe feed her, or use a spoon to pry open her beak. if she fights you, don't get mad, it is a very good thing. any pictures?

Attachments

• 449C5FB2-26F3-4752-8518-1B21CCF0D7A9.jpeg
    449C5FB2-26F3-4752-8518-1B21CCF0D7A9.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 16
I would give 1 tsp of sugar per quart of water, along with a small pinch of salt. Drip a little into the beak being careful that she does not choke. In the morning if you can get Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell and give 2 ml orally each day for up to 5 days, that would be good. First give her fluids, and later give food when she is hydrated. Mix some wet chicken feed with a lot of water, and a bit of scrambled egg, and let her peck that from a lid or small cup held up to the beak. She could have residual problems with her organs from being without food and water. If a vet is possible, I would get her there in the am. Good luck.

I would give 1 tsp of sugar per quart of water, along with a small pinch of salt. Drip a little into the beak being careful that she does not choke. In the morning if you can get Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell and give 2 ml orally each day for up to 5 days, that would be good. First give her fluids, and later give food when she is hydrated. Mix some wet chicken feed with a lot of water, and a bit of scrambled egg, and let her peck that from a lid or small cup held up to the beak. She could have residual problems with her organs from being without food and water. If a vet is possible, I would get her there in the am. Good luck.
Thank you so much for the detailed advice! I will definitely call a vet tomorrow in the AM!

I am amazed she is still alive. Is it possible there was water under there somewhere? Like a leak?

I agree warmth and hydration are the most critical. I would go easy on the feed. Once you are sure she’s well hydrated (and has had poultry vitamins, if you have them), I would go with egg or a soupy mash of chick starter or baby bird formula. Please keep us posted.

I am amazed she is still alive. Is it possible there was water under there somewhere? Like a leak?

I agree warmth and hydration are the most critical. I would go easy on the feed. Once you are sure she’s well hydrated (and has had poultry vitamins, if you have them), I would go with egg or a soupy mash of chick starter or baby bird formula. Please keep us posted.
I’m amazed too! Funny you mention a leak bc that’s why we went down there, smh. Our vinyl plank floor was coming up and we discovered a leak under it! We went down there to see where it was coming from and found her. Side note, it was the air conditioner vent leaking.

Last edited:
I’m amazed too! Funny you mention a leak bc that’s why we went down there, smh. Our vinyl plank floor was coming up and we discovered a leak under it! We went down there to see where it was coming from and found her. Side note, it was the air conditioner vent leaking.
Did you hear her? How did you come across her? Such a crazy thing!

Back
Top Bottom