Chicken gasps and gurgles and makes a raspy crow like sound

Ashkash

Hatching
Apr 14, 2020
I have a speckled Sussex approximately 1 year old. I have had her for about 2 months. She was fine for the first 2 weeks or so. She then started sneezing and making a strange gasping almost crowing like sound after sneezing. I isolated her and gave her antibiotics and nutridrench. She eased up some but still would sneeze occasionally and make that noise right after. I have since gave her another dose about a week ago and more nutridrench. She is eating fine and drinking, but I have noticed she always sneezes and makes this noise while drinking. She opens her mouth and sounds like she is gasping and makes the crowing like sound. She doesn’t walk around with her mouth open and she eats fine. She only makes this noise usually after she sneezes. Any ideas on what it could be and what I can do?

I have a video but can’t figure out how to upload it. I just watched it and she shakes her head right before she makes the noise.

I’m sorry but I have no idea how to help. It could be a respiratory disease, allergy, or something normal for that Individual chicken. These are just a total guess though.

Could it be gapeworm? If so, where do I find treatment? I have been looking for a dewormer that will kill gapeworm and can’t find anything.

Back
Top Bottom