Chicken got bubbles in his eye

It could be a respiratory infection or he could have something in his eye or an in--grown eyelash. Did you just notice this symptom?

Last edited:
Well a few days ago I was playing with him then I saw bubbles in his eye.I asked a friend to hold him so I can wipe the bubbles off with a piece of tissue paper.So it worked but then tomorrow new bubbles appeared in his eye.And the process continues till today.I didn't even bother wiping it off and the chicken seems ok.But I still need to find a cure.
hmm.png

Mine had bubbles in her eye too, and she does have what I think is a resperatory infection, been treating her with antibiotic Tetracycline 2tsp per gal. in her drinking water, for several days now. She is coughing (raspy) still, but eats and drinks good, and pooh looks normal to me, no diarreha. Keeping her isolated and warm, she is alert and has no other signs except for the coughing every now and then. Runny nose has cleared up. Also I put 2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar in the water, and about 1/4 tsp, maybe less of Electrolytes in there too. Hope yours doesn't have any other signs. I didn't notice the bubbles in her eye until after all these other symptoms came up. I named her Bubbles because of it. Don't know for sure it is a resperatory infection but from the posts and what I've read I've come to that conclusion for the time being. I'll know for sure (hopefully) when the lab report from the necropsy comes back, but it will probably be a while. Keep a close eye on her, and treat her at the first sign of sickness. The sooner the better. (that's my humble opinion anyway), I'd rather take a chance in treatment than not to do anything at all, if she does get sick.

Well a few days ago I was playing with him then I saw bubbles in his eye.I asked a friend to hold him so I can wipe the bubbles off with a piece of tissue paper.So it worked but then tomorrow new bubbles appeared in his eye.And the process continues till today.I didn't even bother wiping it off and the chicken seems ok.But I still need to find a cure.
hmm.png
Sounds like the onset of a respiratory disease, possibly mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG.) There are various strains of the disease, mild to serious symptoms. It's not necessary for a chicken to have all the symptoms as described in this link...scroll down to Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG) and read about it.
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Last edited:
Does your bird have a bad smell around his eye/face? I remember that pointed to a certain infection - sorry I can't recall what. You could try "googling". Chicken illness- bubbles from eye

My rooster sound the same as yours.

Both his eyes are very watery and have small bubbles. One eye is worse and the 'tears' go down his face.

He has been like this for 2 months, and its not got better or worst

Apart form the eyes, he is very healthy and is acting normally.

I treated him with a powder for respiratory diseases in his water.
When that did not work I took him to the vet for antibiotic injections and a antibiotic for the food and water.
When that did not work I got some eye drops.
Still nothing works.

Now I have given up and just leave him be. He seems happy and the watery eyes are not red, sore or itchy for him.
All my other chickens are healthy, so I know its not something that is going to spread to the other birds after all this time.

I am interested if you can find a cure for you bird - as its sounds like we both have the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom