Chicken got egg bound!! Can someone please help me understand?

She's able to poop o.k.?
Since they had to cut her open, they instructed you to take care of the vent right?
It looks like the vent is injured from what I can see, I would keep it cleaned and apply vetericyn or triple antibiotic ointment to the scabbing.

The yellow discharge is likely urates leaking, hopefully that will clear up but that can irritate the skin under the vent since she's bare. To help protect the skin I would use Hen Healer (it's BLUE so be aware of that) or you can use something like A+D ointment.

She had laid a normal egg in the past week or two so I honestly don’t know what happened
She's able to poop o.k.?
Since they had to cut her open, they instructed you to take care of the vent right?
It looks like the vent is injured from what I can see, I would keep it cleaned and apply vetericyn or triple antibiotic ointment to the scabbing.

The yellow discharge is likely urates leaking, hopefully that will clear up but that can irritate the skin under the vent since she's bare. To help protect the skin I would use Hen Healer (it's BLUE so be aware of that) or you can use something like A+D ointment.
she has been pooping more solid poops again. I have some of the vetericyn but I need to find the hen healer because I got it to use on my hens cracking and pecked comb but put it somewhere and can’t remember. I will do that though.

Back
Top Bottom