Chicken got egg bound!! Can someone please help me understand?

To get enough calcium into her to do any good, you should give her two of those tablets per day.

This is entirely your decision. You don't have to do anything at all. She's your chicken.
Is it also normal for a chickens vent to have a bigger price on the top that kinda folds over the bottom. My Turken has always had one like that but no one except for two other chickens are laying. Would I be able to feel if they were egg bound??

Is it also normal for a chickens vent to have a bigger price on the top that kinda folds over the bottom. My Turken has always had one like that but no one except for two other chickens are laying. Would I be able to feel if they were egg bound??
I meant piece of skin that hangs over the bottom at the vent

Think of a woman who is in the process of having a baby. The baby is out and the doctor says the placenta is still inside the woman, and she needs a drug to help her contractions to get it out. You ask the doctor if it's okay to wait five days to give her the shot until you get paid. Do you think the woman is going to be just swell lying on that delivery table for five days with the birth tissue still inside her?
And do I put it in her food or water???

My Brahma got egg bound so we rushed her to the vet. She said she has sepsis and gave her medicine with pain. She was fine yesterday but the vet pulled a full egg and a crumbled egg out of her. She wasn’t like that when I put her to bed yesterday. She is walking around and drinking water right now along with pooping the white mucus like stuff that comes with their poop. How did she get egg bound with two eggs in less than 24 hours?

The chickens had pecked her and made a huge bleeding sore on and near her vent
The doctor said that one egg was deformed and it didn’t have a solid shell. She is pooping green color now
Please post some photos of her vent and her poop.

The vet pulled out a full egg and a crumbled egg out of her. Was the crumbled egg like lash egg - see photos in this link https://the-chicken-chick.com/salpingitis-lash-eggs-in-backyard/

Put it in her beak. She'll swallow.
if
Please post some photos of her vent and her poop.

The vet pulled out a full egg and a crumbled egg out of her. Was the crumbled egg like lash egg - see photos in this link https://the-chicken-chick.com/salpingitis-lash-eggs-in-backyard/
No it didn’t look like that. She vet said it was just kinda like a deformed egg and it smelled bad. I didn’t really see the egg. Like it was a egg but it didn’t have the shell on it really.
5A1A4E12-7613-48A2-BD01-DF402CE8F303.jpeg

if

No it didn’t look like that. She vet said it was just kinda like a deformed egg and it smelled bad. I didn’t really see the egg. Like it was a egg but it didn’t have the shell on it really. View attachment 2485086
They had to cut her open. Poor thing. The vet honestly didn’t think she was going to make. But she did that and more. She is actually really active and walking around.

Back
Top Bottom