Chicken grit need bulk.. where?

workindog

Songster
6 Years
Dec 11, 2015
CT
Hello, im making a project that requires lotsssss of chicken grit (its going to be used in a diy koi pond filter) i can get it locally at tractor supply but that means id need like 16-20 bags of it (the 25 lb bags) plus a couple to set aside for my chickies lol

Is there anywhere online that sells 50 lbs at a cheaper price with cheap or HOPEFULLY free shipping? I've definitely found some 50 lbs that seems very reasonable but the shipping is what kills!

Ty :D

Hello, im making a project that requires lotsssss of chicken grit (its going to be used in a diy koi pond filter) i can get it locally at tractor supply but that means id need like 16-20 bags of it (the 25 lb bags) plus a couple to set aside for my chickies lol

Is there anywhere online that sells 50 lbs at a cheaper price with cheap or HOPEFULLY free shipping? I've definitely found some 50 lbs that seems very reasonable but the shipping is what kills!

Ty :D
Go to the granite yard nearest you.
Why not use scrubby pads? They offer a huge amount of surface area for the bacteria to colonize. That is what I used for my homemade Skippy Filter.

Go to the granite yard nearest you.
Why not use scrubby pads? They offer a huge amount of surface area for the bacteria to colonize. That is what I used for my homemade Skippy Filter.
Hi I will definitely look into a granite yard, hopefully we have one around. I have used the scrubby pads for a smaller filter for my 110g stock tank so that is a good idea that works but this is for a different kind of filter. Im making 2 55g s&g (sand and gravel) filters for my 2200g pond that im making. These 2 barrels will handle the mechanical and I made a bakki shower for the bio. Need realllllly good filtration for koi. They're like chickens in a way, always hungry and they think their piggies lol

Back
Top Bottom