Chicken Heads On Craigslist?

sickbyc.gif
That is weird.
Chicken head soup. I'll pass.

I was watching a guy slaughter chickens on Youtube yesterday. He cut the head off, plucked it and then debilled it. Then tossed it into a bin of other debilled chicken heads.

This was supposed to be taking place in Guanajato, Mexico, but nowhere in Mexico have I ever seen the chicken head cooked. Still, it is possible someone uses the head. How, I cannot imagine.

Look for it on youtube. It was posted by mexicandude5. I would post a link, but I forgot how to do it.

Rufus

Most other cultures except ours eat the heads and feet. Hispanics will take them and sometimes pay for them. They are still sold in some specialized markets.

I'm thinking santeria which is An African-based religion similar to voodoo, originating in Cuba and Brazil, which combines the worship of traditional Yoruban deities with the worship of Roman Catholic saints. I think those who practice santeria, use chicken heads in rituals but I'm not entirely sure.

I was watching a show on PBS the other week and they were in some other country and it showed them cooking the heads. Dont recall exactly what it was, I think some kind of soup, but still very nasty!!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
Said it was a common thing to eat there. Although I dont know why.
idunno.gif
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Because the other option is to waste the parts, which is not done in countries with scarce food resources. In many parts of the US rabbit, groundhog, squirrel and other "small game" were eaten because to not eat them would be wasting a food resource, now they're eaten less as foods have become more available and easier to obtain.

Back
Top Bottom