Chicken injury help

SkyT

Chirping
Apr 23, 2020
Seattle, WA
I heard some odd sounding chicken egg song so I went outside to check on them. I walked past Slayer (black australorp) and then noticed she was hanging upside down from the swing we have in their run, her foot had gotten tangled and she was stuck. I picked her up and untangled her. It doesn’t look broken thankfully. But I noticed she had a lot of clear(ish) liquid dangling from her beak and was panting heavily. I’m not sure what to do. She’s favoring her leg that was stuck in the swing and still panting but slightly less. No new drool since getting her upright. But she’s also favoring one eye (same side as the injured leg), her pupils are asymmetrical (dilated on the same side as the leg)and she’s keeping the eye on the injured leg side closed more than the other. What should I do to help her? She’s the sweetest chicken and I hate that she’s hurting. It’s hard to tell if her comb is floppy more than normal. I’ve got two girls who as soon as they matured and started laying eggs their combs got big floppy

Attachments

• 4C19D45F-75E1-4079-862C-B220402C8546.png
    4C19D45F-75E1-4079-862C-B220402C8546.png
    2 MB · Views: 6
The mucous is most likley from her crop and nothing to worry about. To post a video you will need to upload to youtube of something of the sort and give us a link.

Back
Top Bottom