Chicken - is this really a Sussex?

May I ask, how you successfully treated the sour crop? I know everyone has their own methods and I’m curious as to what you did....
Yes of course 😊. So I made a solution of 10mg/ml of Clotrimazole diluted in water. The Clotrimazole was administered over the course of approx. 7 days (PO - by mouth). The first five days this was given twice a day (20 mg in total) and the last two days approx. 10-12 mg a day. The Clotrimazole brand utilized was the ''CANESTEN GYNO 1'' capsules (containing 500 mg of Clotrimazole in total).

Sour crop? What was your method of treatment. My 2 year old light Sussex girl has sour crop and the treatment I’m using is slowly working but I wanted to know what you used. :)
Sorry to hear, I hope she will recover in no time :). Thank you a lot for your input regarding the breed by the way!
  • So I made a solution of 10mg/ml of Clotrimazole diluted in water. The Clotrimazole was administered over the course of approx. 7 days (PO - by mouth). The first five days this was given twice a day (20 mg in total) and the last two days approx. 10-12 mg a day. The Clotrimazole brand utilized was the ''CANESTEN GYNO 1'' capsules (containing 500 mg of Clotrimazole in total).
If you want more info I made a post about this a little bit ago that might help you out perhaps: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/how-to-treat-sour-crop-seemingly-effective-updated.1451264/

Best of wishes for her recovery! 😊

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom