Chicken legs spread

Gems

Hatching
11 Years
Jul 15, 2008
Hatched saturday 9am ...very fit (my first incubator um brood in 26 years and was a boy then lol) SUnday night put in box under 40w lamp, checked every two hours and fine last checked Monday morn 8:30 ...work 5 hours and chicken on back hardly moving when i got back...placed back in incubator with the other surviver of my 6 egg test...tuesday some signs of life but getting stuck on it's back all the time. Last night looked pretty hopeless as it must have been starving , but not eating ...i was forcing it to have water often though and last night too i forced it to have some yakult yoguht drink as it looked like it was stuffed anyway...this morning huge improvement and it has been eating and drinking all day lol but still in the incubator and on newspaper and trhe other is spot on (it came ot 31 hours later Sunday 4pm) But the one that got the chill still has it's legs spread but is getting around enthusiastically and am very surprised by it's comeback today...but i thought i would ask for some advice please ...i think tomorrow i should try them in the cardboard box again undere the lamp but will try a stronger lamp and i have to try to get it to walk properly again like it was last sunday.

Thanks Girl !! That's very helpful thankyou...the band aid cure great link much appreciated...shavings , like i mean as in wood shaveings? mmm will have to source some from someplace tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom