Chicken LORE Project - Find & Submit Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances

Hi, thanks for updating the State College PA info to include other townships. However, the current 3 listings for State College are all the same-- all three are for the Borough Township.
This is a great idea and I am sorry to be negative. I just wanted to point out the duplication. Thanks!

Some large cities have laws regarding the type of property you own. Like some in the inner city lots wouldn't be allowed to have chickens while other lots are zoned rural residential (RR) or ag but still in the city limits can have chickens. I am just learning this about Jacksonville, FL. We currently are moving to a property that is zoned RR so we can have them but if we lived further in the city we couldn't. I don't know all the specific details yet.

Quote:
There have been a large number of submittals, and until we are able to work our way through all of them, there will be some duplicates--- in some cases, per our request. Many times folks submit the same city, or make a mistake and re-submit. Once they are verified, (and we know which one has the best information) we have to give Nifty a a few days to delete duplicates, make changes, and do his own verifications.

I could be wrong, but I think Nifty is a busy guy....
wink.png

Some large cities have laws regarding the type of property you own. Like some in the inner city lots wouldn't be allowed to have chickens while other lots are zoned rural residential (RR) or ag but still in the city limits can have chickens. I am just learning this about Jacksonville, FL. We currently are moving to a property that is zoned RR so we can have them but if we lived further in the city we couldn't. I don't know all the specific details yet.

This is really great info to put into the "Additional Information" section of the submittal form. We always encourage folks to do their own research: we want the database to be accurate, but also a "starting point" for new chicken owners.​

Quote:
It will take us a little while. There are lots wonderful of people submitting cities, and just Coopa Cabana and I to wade through it all. Don't worry- we got you covered!

Keep in mind folks-- Coopa Cabana and I are verifying municiple code much of which is written in awful, awful legalease. There are 600 cities on the list---and we had 60 submittals (YAY 10%!) on the first day. That is some SERIOUS knee-deep jello to wade through.

Meanwhile *sniff, sniff* I should walk away from the computer and seek out a shower.

Last edited:
Very neat. I submitted my city, but it wasnt on the list.
smile.png
Information is awesome. Thanks guys !

Back
Top Bottom