Chicken major foot injury 🐔

Hi im living in the Philippines!! I only clean her wound with hydrogen peroxide and some guave leaves. I havent applied any ointments because we dont have any at home.

No her wound doesnt smell differently from the way she normally smell. I've noticed that she has a big black spot underneath her. I don't know what this is.

She's not coughing or sneezing but she has nasal discharge, which i think because of our rainy and cold weather. She's also have lost her feathers on the top of her head, i thought she was just molting but its been 2 months, her feathers hasn't grown back yet.

This is the black spot and her poop form today and last night.
That black spot looks like a big bruise, is keep an eye on it to and see what it does.

Chicken bruises are typically green. This looks serious.

I agree that you should finish the antibiotics you have. If you can get antibiotic ointment, that would be good.

Her poop looks normal. That's good.

The runny nose might be a respiratory infection.

If you feed chicken food, I would wet some of that down with water until it's mushy and see if she will eat that. And you can give her scrambled eggs, too.

Chicken bruises are typically green. This looks serious.

I agree that you should finish the antibiotics you have. If you can get antibiotic ointment, that would be good.

Her poop looks normal. That's good.

The runny nose might be a respiratory infection.

If you feed chicken food, I would wet some of that down with water until it's mushy and see if she will eat that. And you can give her scrambled eggs, too.
Could definitely mean internal injuries for sure.

does this mean i should add another antibiotic for her?? Or should i just continue with vectracin?

Hi im living in the Philippines!! I only clean her wound with hydrogen peroxide and some guave leaves. I havent applied any ointments because we dont have any at home.

No her wound doesnt smell differently from the way she normally smell. I've noticed that she has a big black spot underneath her. I don't know what this is.

She's not coughing or sneezing but she has nasal discharge, which i think because of our rainy and cold weather. She's also have lost her feathers on the top of her head, i thought she was just molting but its been 2 months, her feathers hasn't grown back yet.

This is the black spot and her poop form today and last night.
Please post some clear photos in good lighting of all of her, including the leg wound.

She's not able to walk at all? How long has she been laying down in the same position?

Please post some clear photos in good lighting of all of her, including the leg wound.

She's not able to walk at all? How long has she been laying down in the same position?
hi im sorry i havent been active here. i was busy searching for pet clinics that treats chickens but unfortunately there aren't any clinics for chickens in my place. i'll post pictures tomorrow because its already midnight here. to answer your question, yes she cant walk or stand still at all. her wound is really serious and yes, shes been laying in the same position, she does move sometimes, like when she has to angle her body when im feeding her but other than that, shes just sitting still . im still giving her wet foods, yogurt, cooked eggs, vetracin gold every 12 hrs and clean her wound with hydrogen peroxide. but unfortunately, her condition haven't improved at all. she's still eating alot actually, which is good. she won't drink any water so i had to use a dropper for her to drink.

hi im sorry i havent been active here. i was busy searching for pet clinics that treats chickens but unfortunately there aren't any clinics for chickens in my place. i'll post pictures tomorrow because its already midnight here. to answer your question, yes she cant walk or stand still at all. her wound is really serious and yes, shes been laying in the same position, she does move sometimes, like when she has to angle her body when im feeding her but other than that, shes just sitting still . im still giving her wet foods, yogurt, cooked eggs, vetracin gold every 12 hrs and clean her wound with hydrogen peroxide. but unfortunately, her condition haven't improved at all. she's still eating alot actually, which is good. she won't drink any water so i had to use a dropper for her to drink.
Try giving her mash for hydration. As well as the water, you can mix it with things like hydro hen, or rooster booster or other vitamins to help give her a boost.

Do you have anything other than hydrogen peroxide to clean it? It's not preferred for cleaning chicken wounds. You might be better off using water. And do you have any ointment yet? You actually want to keep the area moist with something like ointment. It helps the tissue regenerate. Some folks use honey, too.

Do you have anything other than hydrogen peroxide to clean it? It's not preferred for cleaning chicken wounds. You might be better off using water. And do you have any ointment yet? You actually want to keep the area moist with something like ointment. It helps the tissue regenerate. Some folks use honey, too.

I also clean her wound with guava leaves. Today, I didn't use hydrogen peroxide as you said and only cleaned it with warm water. I don't have any ointment for wounds atm, I also don't have honey . 😫😫

Back
Top Bottom