Chicken math prevailed!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MissMarple, Aug 18, 2019.

1. slippednfell

slippednfell Songster

Apr 20, 2019
    AK - OZARK Mountains
    Wow... you got an acute case!

2. mamablair

mamablair Songster

Jul 27, 2019
    Colorado
    Dang chicken math. Lol. I had 8 hens, then my brother in law asked me to take in his past 3 after his new pup killed the rest of his flock. Then I found 2 silkies for dirt cheap, and had to have them. Haha. And a couple weeks after that my girls convinced my husband to get 3 ducklings. Haha.

3. Kabootar

Kabootar Songster

Aug 15, 2017
    Bihar India
    Daughters are always convincing, aren't they? My sister convinced my father to buy buffaloes. Now I have to milk them.

4. LizaKnepper

LizaKnepper Chirping

Jun 8, 2019
    Altavista, VA
    We have duck math at our house!. First there was 2 than there was 4, -> 6-> 8 well you get it..lol..:wee

5. mamablair

mamablair Songster

Jul 27, 2019
    Colorado
    I was so sure he would say no. But he said it would teach them responsibility, guess who is actually taking care of them?:th

6. BaaKaaawk

BaaKaaawk Crowing

Apr 4, 2011
    Huntersville, NC
    I swore I'd keep it to a maximum of 12 birds. Two coop expansions and 1/4 acre more woods fenced later... yeah 30-something birds. But who's counting.

7. BigBlueHen53

BigBlueHen53 Crowing

Mar 5, 2019
    SE Missouri, USA
    BUFFALOES! Oh come on, you can't tell us that and not post pictures!!!! :love

8. Kabootar

Kabootar Songster

Aug 15, 2017
    Bihar India
    Buffaloes are pretty common livestock where I live, so I didn't bothered posting pictures.
    First pic is of the buffaloes in the fields, they only return to get milked. Second pic is of a first time mom. Newly delivered moms are kept home for extra care.

Attached Files:

9. MissMarple

MissMarple Songster

Aug 3, 2019
    Arkansas
    I just meant Branson as a reference point. lol. It's actually about 7 minutes difference between Lebanon and Branson from here. That's as much as I know about Missouri. Haha! We made it to Leechville, AR for a funeral by way of Missouri once. Most hilarious expression on my grandmother's face when we passed the "Welcome to Missouri" sign and she realized that she had read the map wrong. :lau I think I may have to order from Cackle in the future! Next year.... next year.....next year..... I have to resist the urge to get any more.

10. MissMarple

MissMarple Songster

Aug 3, 2019
    Arkansas
    I just can't stop myself! I so want ducklings! And hah, before we got the girls, Chicken Man said WE were getting chickens. Which translates to, "I'll buy you chickens but you're doing everything else." At least our 7 year old helps with the dogs and cats. :confused:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: