Chicken Math Strikes Again

Amiloo928

Songster
Aug 3, 2018
Kansas City
My wife tells everybody who will listen about Chicken Math. She says, there is no adding or subtracting in Chicken Math, only multiplying.

Welp. Chicken Math strikes again. We went to TSC for mouse traps, and #ChickDays got the best of us.... again. We left with week old Calico Princess chicks in tow. It’s like they have little magnets, and they gravitate toward us.

Y’all. We have a 15 hen limit. We currently have a flock of 12 layers, and now 12 chicks (we hatched 7 EEs last week, and 2 the month before). I’m gonna need to get real friendly with our neighbors I think!

My wife tells everybody who will listen about Chicken Math. She says, there is no adding or subtracting in Chicken Math, only multiplying.

Hahahaha I went for chick feed today & came home with 6 Buff Orphington chicks!! I texted the hubby saying that I think he's gonna need to work on the bigger coop sooner than he thought! He asked...oh no what did you do?!?!? But, is just as happy as I am that we were able to add these beauties to our small flock!!

Welp. Chicken Math strikes again. We went to TSC for mouse traps, and #ChickDays got the best of us.... again. We left with week old Calico Princess chicks in tow. It’s like they have little magnets, and they gravitate toward us.

Y’all. We have a 15 hen limit. We currently have a flock of 12 layers, and now 12 chicks (we hatched 7 EEs last week, and 2 the month before). I’m gonna need to get real friendly with our neighbors I think!

Our local stores only carry chicks in the spring or I am afraid I would end up with some at other random times because they are so cute!

I was just tempted a minute ago when someone in one of my local Facebook groups posted that they were looking for a home for 4 hens.

I had to remind myself that if I get those them it is likely DH will say no to the chicks I want to get in the spring. So I restrained myself because I really want some Salmon Faverolles and some Ameraucanas.

Our local stores only carry chicks in the spring or I am afraid I would end up with some at other random times because they are so cute!

I was just tempted a minute ago when someone in one of my local Facebook groups posted that they were looking for a home for 4 hens.

I had to remind myself that if I get those them it is likely DH will say no to the chicks I want to get in the spring. So I restrained myself because I really want some Salmon Faverolles and some Ameraucanas.
Ours used to only carry them in the spring, but last year they started doing fall chicks regularly too. We got 6 Americana chicks this past spring and I was devastated when a mama fox stole them all :( TSC hasn’t had any for sale since or we would have gotten more.

Ours used to only carry them in the spring, but last year they started doing fall chicks regularly too. We got 6 Americana chicks this past spring and I was devastated when a mama fox stole them all :( TSC hasn’t had any for sale since or we would have gotten more.

I had to get food last weekend so I ran to TSC and they had chicks. Ours has only ever had them in the spring so I asked why they had them. The cashier told me it was a new nationwide campaign all the TSC are doing and will have chicks through mid September, I think is when he said. So if he was correct all of your TSC stores should have chicks right now.

I had to get food last weekend so I ran to TSC and they had chicks. Ours has only ever had them in the spring so I asked why they had them. The cashier told me it was a new nationwide campaign all the TSC are doing and will have chicks through mid September, I think is when he said. So if he was correct all of your TSC stores should have chicks right now.
Oh yes, ours has chicks, just no Americanas this time. We definitely call up every Tuesday (chick delivery day) to see what breeds they got in stock!

Back
Top Bottom