Sponsored Post Chicken Math Strikes Again!

This is what I have decided regarding my chicken math... I have some older hens, they still lay and are sweet old ladies who like to go broody. This spring, I realized I needed to add to my flock to keep egg production up and the flock healthy. So, I bought some chicks, and then... Yes, a rooster, he came with a hen. :) Oh and a few more chicks. Well now so many of my chicks have turned into Roosters, I need more chicks and some adult hens.... Don't you agree??

Exactly! I'm glad we are all on the same page and apparently we all had the same math teacher. I look at it as the brodders 1/2 full....outlook
( and If it' is it means u better hurry up and pack that baby full.) Wouldnt want to waste electricity plus I hear it stabelizes the hatch lmao.

Exactly! I'm glad we are all on the same page and apparently we all had the same math teacher. I look at it as the brodders 1/2 full....outlook
( and If it' is it means u better hurry up and pack that baby full.) Wouldnt want to waste electricity plus I hear it stabelizes the hatch lmao.
Agreed, mine is full, so talking to a friend about taking some space in hers! Just paid for another batch of eggs on ebay.

To all u pros out there what type of incubator do u like for all ur hatches a ice chest homemade one or store bought I hatch two batches with one I made and had great success but my friend gave me a store incubator for free I just haven't tried it my other just work so good. The only thing is the icechest ones get so hammered . Debating on makeing another and doing a side by side comparison maybe .what do u all like better?

thechicks have landed lol I feel a major mathematical equation coming on lol

Originally I wanted 12 hens. However I loved them twice as much as I thought I would. Equals 24. Plus a rooster, wait it will take 2 to keep them fertile. 26. We must make chicks now...... 35. Half of those chicks will be roosters. 50. I think 50?

Originally I wanted 12 hens. However I loved them twice as much as I thought I would. Equals 24. Plus a rooster, wait it will take 2 to keep them fertile. 26. We must make chicks now...... 35. Half of those chicks will be roosters. 50. I think 50?

Too funny KendyF!

Thats what is wrong! It was the math teacher! My daughter picked up 6 free chickens (5 assorted hens and 1 bantam roo) in Dec. of 2013. Fast forward to today and we have 4 geese 9 muscovy ducks 4 bcmarans 20 pbarred rocks 2 chantecler 17 ameraucanas 6 assorted bantams 15 silkies 15 sussex/rir and 2 button quail. We made an incubator and bought another.

Back
Top Bottom