Chicken mom just became a gosling mom....

Hannahnic14

Crowing
Apr 29, 2021
Middle Tennessee
So I went to pick up a gold laced sebright rooster and not only brought him home but a 5 day old Roman tufted gosling as well! The lady I got it from gave me some basic care info and said they didn't get alot of ailments but to make sure there was ALWAYS water available. I have it housed with my 5, 2 week old EE chicks. I have chick starter, waterer, and a shallow bowl of water. Anything else I need to know or watch for? She had it outside with some bantam chicks. I've literally never even held a gosling until tonight. Lol

I recently had an issue with flock raiser and some wobbly legs so if you go that route I would say definitely ALSO supplement with nutritional yeast or brewers yeast. There is some info about that pinned at the top of the duck forum (also applies to Geese). Once they start hanging out outside on grass its not as much of a worry. Also check out Youtube. There are a ton of videos on there of brooding and caring for goslings. Definitely more informative than Netflix :caf

Here is a pic of Jelly Bean! We are also going to get her a friend this week so she's not the only gosling. Switching to flock raiser tomorrow and I have some brewers yeast ordered. She'll be outside with my chicks on grass during the day and brought in at night until she gets a big older and has some more feathers.😊 We also have a small kiddie pool for her to start having short swimming lessons!

Attachments

• 20210702_061939.jpg
    20210702_061939.jpg
    818.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210702_061938.jpg
    20210702_061938.jpg
    621.9 KB · Views: 4
Here is a pic of Jelly Bean! We are also going to get her a friend this week so she's not the only gosling. Switching to flock raiser tomorrow and I have some brewers yeast ordered. She'll be outside with my chicks on grass during the day and brought in at night until she gets a big older and has some more feathers.😊 We also have a small kiddie pool for her to start having short swimming lessons!
She is precious ❤️

So our local feed store didn't have any flock raiser in stock so we had to get game bird feed until I can get into town later this week to get it. The game bird feed says for turkeys, pheasants, ducks, and geese on the bag. It's 28% protein. I know I need to lower the protein in a few weeks so I don't run into angel wing.

Back
Top Bottom