Chicken Myths/Rumors: True or False, Please Share!

diatomaceous earth and/or apple cider vinegar both have gotten some myths of being some cure all miracle cures. You name it and somebody is gonna try to claim one or the other cures it. The fact of the matter is DE has been proven to cause respiratory issues in both chickens and people. I've yet to see any proven evidence either do anything good for fowl.
ACV does cure stuff! Or helps prevent it... ;)

Don't forget the biggest myth we all have heard. Brown eggs taste better than white eggs

A chicken egg is a chicken egg. You compare my farm fresh brown eggs to some who knows how old only fed layer feed yeah my brown egg is gonna be better. Same way my farm fresh white eggs are gonna be better than some production mass production store bought brown eggs.

Myth/Rumor: Chickens can't fly
Story: People assume that because they are seen on the ground and in pens, means they can't fly
True Or False: Fruse (True x False), for some breeds it's true and others it's false. Lighter breeds can fly
Evidence: One of my little D'Uccles flew 20 meters without touching the ground, onto the bird averey, and into the chicken pen. :confused:

Don't forget the biggest myth we all have heard. Brown eggs taste better than white eggs

A chicken egg is a chicken egg. You compare my farm fresh brown eggs to some who knows how old only fed layer feed yeah my brown egg is gonna be better. Same way my farm fresh white eggs are gonna be better than some production mass production store bought brown eggs.
I've never heard that one! That's weird.

Hearing a cock crow at midnight means a pending death...
My roosters wake me up in wee hours of the morn having crowing contests. Sometimes makes me wanna kill em, & I doubt the hens appreciate it either.. Maybe the impending death is referring to the loud-mouthed cock.😁

Back
Top Bottom